Monday, November 17, 2014

#AntiBullyReads 2014

[ source

As a lot of you probably already know, it is Anti-Bullying Week. This is something that comes into play quite a bit for me as I teach middle school students; therefore I work with preteens on a daily basis. We are celebrating Anti-Bullying Week at school as well, which I think is a wonderful thing. They have not shared everything that they have planned for the week, but I do hope that there will be something eye-opening for my students to see/hear. Bullying has become such a huge problem in our world, and that is very upsetting.

In honor of Anti-Bullying Week, there is a bit of a readathon going on. I have been in quite the reading slump, so I am not sure how successful I will be, but I would definitely like to give it a go. If you would like to find out more about the readathon (which began today), you can check out the Goodreads page here. The idea is to read as many books as you can that have to do with bullying. I already have several of these books on my shelf that I have not had the chance to read yet, so I thought that I would share my TBR for the week with you.

1. The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
2. The List by Siobhan Vivian 
3. Hate List by Jennifer Brown
4. Winger by Andrew Smith
5. Tease by Amanda Maciel

I know that I probably will not get through all five of these books this week, but it's nice to have some options. Who knows, maybe I will even end up surprising myself. 

Are you taking part in the #AntiBullyReads readathon? Have you read any of these books already?

2 comments:

  1. Bullying is the worst. It stays with you forever, even as an adult. as a victim of bullying myself, I can vouch to that. Now I'm 23 and graduated from university, and my life has been good for the past many years, but still sometimes I feel the consequences of being bullied and just automatically assumes people won't like me when I meet them.
    Bullying needs to be stopped! It's good for nothing!

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for anti bullying! I have a disabled little sister and she has been through some pretty tough times because of bullying, even if I have never experienced myself. I have The List and Winger on my TBR as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs