Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reading Slump | Help!

[ source ]

Let's be real, we all know that reading slumps are a real, horrible thing. Despite our best efforts, it is natural that we will all go through them a time or two. However, some of us struggle with them more than others. Sometimes they happen fairly often, and last for entirely too long. At the moment, this is me, my friends. When the slump first started, I thought nothing of it. I had been on a bit of a reading frenzy, so I assumed I would take a few days off and then would hit the ground running again...

Nope.

Now, I have not completely stopped reading altogether. I had books for review I needed to get through, and I even picked up a memoir that I really, really wanted to read. I hoped that it was a step in the right direction; I was really enjoying the reading, and surely that feeling would make me pick up another book right away, and I would be fine again. Right?

Nope.

I'm at a pretty serious loss at the moment, which is why I have come to you, my lovely blog followers. What are some things that you do when you come to a serious reading slump? Any tips for how I can pull myself out of this and actually WANT to read again? I find myself with some spare time where I am "bored," the perfect time to do some reading...but then I just can't convince myself to pick up a book. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs